US Foreign Policy is in shambles and Romney will make it exponentially worse. For decades the US expediently propped up petty tyrants throughout the Middle East fearing the Muslim extremist alternatives (vis-a-vis the state of Israel’s security). The Arab Spring brought change and the West thought that if they held press conferences and talked about Democracy that it would be sufficient to influence the outcome, when in fact the Islamist factions have been positioning themselves as legitimate opposition to the failed secular authoritarian bargain. President Obama adopted the Bush Administration’s policies without any noticable evaluation of fluid situations and trends. We’re now faced with the unpalatable truth that we’re not winning the hearts and minds of the Arab peoples. Tribalism is alive and well in the Middle East, and we are living with the attendant resentment from decades of failed strategy. Gov. Romney’s recent stated policy is to “not look weak”, do more to help the opposition movement on the ground in Syria, work with our allies the Turks, and the Saudis, to get the opposition more training, more resources, more weapons. Even more alarming is his lack of cogent policy for Iran and Israel. What does he imagine will happen when Netanyahu or someone like him starts the air strikes? Mr “no daylight between us” will find himself embroiled in catastrophic global conflict.
- RT @DancinKim76: Steve Bannon seen leaving White House. #BannonOut https://t.co/VFiAFEuFx0 10 hours ago
- RT @JohnLyonTweets: Autocorrect is changing correctly spelled words. I'm starting to think it has a mind of its AUTOCORRECT IS HARMLESS. GO… 13 hours ago
- RT @DavidCornDC: Simple. He is afraid of angering a vengeful Trump, alienating the Trumpy GOP base, and jeopardizing tax cuts for the rich.… 13 hours ago
- RT @wkamaubell: This is what happens when Nazi's stay home. #Charlottesville https://t.co/m8b11QP2zP 1 day ago
- RT @RoseAnnDeMoro: .@davidsirota's groundbreaking journalism has put corrupt companies & politicians on blast. Let's #DraftSirota to run fo… 1 day ago